IT Operations & Support - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for someone with experience working in IT Support, on a user help desk or in networking who can take a hands-on approach in assisting our staff with all their IT-related issues in person. Working as part of our internal user help desk team, you will install, maintain and update workstations for our users and be their first point of contact for all IT-related issues or queries. You will troubleshoot IT malfunctions on a daily basis to ensure that everyone stays on track and it’s essential that you know the technology you’re working with as you’ll be tackling problems directly rather than providing support with an FAQ sheet. You will also assist in taking care of our internal user help desk, ensuring that all requests are acknowledged and responded to. We need someone who both loves technology and who prefers helping people deal with their issues face-to-face instead of remotely. If you can ensure that our users stay satisfied we’d like to hear from you.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 1-2 years’ experience working in IT Support/user help desk or in networking.
- Is a master of Windows 7/8.
- Can set up and operate VoIP telephones and MS Office 2013/365 in their sleep and fully understands all aspects of computer networking.
- Has experience in setting up and operating various devices and would be confident troubleshooting issues on notebooks, tablets, PCs and mobile devices.
- Speaks English (our company language) fluently. German language skills would also be useful as some systems are programmed in German.
- Has a positive attitude and a friendly demeanour that makes them the perfect team player.
- Can work in an organized and structured manner and has the ability to keep a cool head under pressure.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
Important additional information:
- Please note that non-EU citizens will require a university degree in order to receive a work permit.
- Please note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.